Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My poem outlook




BY JOYCE KILMER

(For Mrs. Henry Mills Alden)

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain?

Fools like me make poems,
But only God can make a tree.




Last week I memorized the poem, trees, by Joyce Kilmer.
I’m discussing my favorite points of this poem today. My favorite line of the poem “Trees” is at the end when the poet says,” poems are made by fools like me but only got can make a tree”. I like that part most because it states god and I like god. The rest of the poem though I do not like in anyway, it didn’t have any metaphors or similes’, it was uninteresting and not once did it focus on one topic. It is a very easy poem that could have been written by a 10 year old kid and recited by an eight year old. The next time I pick a poem to recite if I ever do it will be a little more challenging, but not to challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment